In an effort to encourage families to locate within Ellsworth County, the Smoky Hill Development Corporation offers
incentives through the Welcome Home Plan. Please review the details of the plan below and click here for the
Free Lots for Residential Construction
Free Residential Building Lots for those willing to build a new house within 24 months. Deadlines are:
1. Sign with a contractor within 6 months
2. Break ground within 12 months
3. Complete beneficial occupancy in 24 months
• Lots are available in Ellsworth, Kanopolis, Holyrood and Wilson.
• Homes must be new construction
• At least 1,000 square feet
• Have at least a 5:12 roof pitch
• Not carry a personal property title (like a mobile home)
• Sit on a poured concrete foundation formed as a crawl space or basement
• Lot sizes average 100’ x 165’
Any cost associated with preparing the lot for building will be borne by the winner of the lot.
A complete application for a free lot must include a pre-approval letter from your lender. An example is available for
Home Financing Assistance
The lenders and bankers of Ellsworth County have agreed to apply the value of the free lot received towards the
down payment on the home you will build on said lot. This assistance is available to new county residents and
current county residents.
Additionally, the county lenders and bankers will waive all fees normally charged by the bank associated with
financing the construction of a new home or the purchase of an existing home in Ellsworth County.
See an Ellsworth County banker for more information.
Citizens State Bank, Ellsworth, KS
First Bank Kansas, Ellsworth, KS
Wilson State Bank, Wilson, KS
Bank of Holyrood, Holyrood, KS 785-252-3239
Lyons Federal Savings, Ellsworth
|Welcome Home Program
|Smoky Hill Development Corporation
P.O. Box 321
114 1/2 Douglas
Ellsworth, KS 67439